Modern life keeps us so busy that we are often overcommitted, juggling multiple priorities and feeling out of control. This lifestyle is exhausting, unsustainable, and can damage health. Research has shown that 70-90% of health conditions can be prevented or adequately managed through lifestyle alone; therefore, a cornerstone of Dr. Brad’s innovative solution includes his trademarked “Six Pillars of Healthy Living”:
- Healthy Eating
- Active Living
- Restorative Sleep
- Stress Reduction and Awareness
- Finding Passion and Purpose
As you think about your personal relationship to these six pillars, consider the following questions:
- Healthy Eating. Is your caloric intake appropriate for the amount of energy you are expending? Are you eating the right types of foods? What is your relationship with food?
- Active Living. How is your posture? What types of exercises, movement, and activity do you do on a daily basis? How do you feel about the level of vitality in your body?
- Restorative Sleep. Is your sleep restful and sufficient?
- Stress Reduction and Awareness. How well do you bounce back from adversity? How well do you manage a stressful lifestyle? Are you able to access the full potential of your mind?
- Connection. How do you connect with yourself? With others? With nature?
- Finding Passion and Purpose. Is your passion aligned with your values? How much time do you spend on those things that you are most passionate about?